Accoustic Wool Tiles
Wool is a natural and effective material in reducing high noise levels and reverberation issues common to open plan and multi-purpose spaces. Plentiful, sustainable and needing no chemicals, wool really is the wonder product that entered the acoustic panelling sector.
When wool is felted it forms a durable and flame-resistant fabric which cannot be pulled apart. These woollen fibres are then pressed into a variety of sizes and 3D-shapes. The result is a tile with a very high noise-reduction coefficient, which means they are able to block out a lot of back-ground noise. They also provide insulation and allows indoor temperatures to be maintained with less energy consumption. The tiles are also resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew as well as being easy to clean.
Some brands offer seamless framing systems suitable for ceilings and walls. These tiles are a great interior design product which has a positive effect on people, their health and the planet.
- Open plan living spaces or spaces with hard building materials such as glass and concrete
- Ceilings and walls
- Meeting rooms and offices
- Media rooms
- Kindergartens and schools
- Cafes and retail
Features & Benefits
- Highly effective sound absorption:
- Great insulator and helps maintain indoor temperature and reducing energy consumption.
- Non allergenic
- Natural fibre with no chemicals (formaldehyde)
- Natural fire retardant
- 100% recyclable and 100% renewable
- Resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew which can trigger allergic reactions.
- Can be formed into flat or 3D shapes
- Light and easy to install
Wool is nature’s environmentally friendly acoustic fabric.
For more information about this product and its uses, visit:
Let Black Pine Architects assist you with incorporating this product into your next project.